If you choose to get the shot series available for C19, consider a supportive protocol to help your body process and adjust. Integrative physician Dr. Cammy Benton recommends a regimen of vitamins, healthful foods, and a few extra steps for immune support in the days leading up to and the weeks following your appointment.
NOTE: This post is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. We encourage you to consult with your doctor about your individual wellness needs and make your own decisions about what's right for you.
- Cod liver oil: once daily as a rule, then a double dose in the 2 weeks leading up to your appointment and for 1-2 weeks after
- Vitamin C: 500 mg daily, then boost to 500 mg 4 times daily on the day of and the day after your shot
- Bioray Liver Life: as directed on the package for a few weeks before and a few weeks after
- Multivitamin or a good B complex. Look for a whole-food vitamin or one with activated vitamins like methyl folate (instead of "folic acid") and methylcobalamine (rather than "cyanocobalamin"), and trace mineral supplements. Take these as directed for two weeks before and after, but double up the dosage the day of and the day after a shot.
- Probiotics are important as a rule, but at least take them for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after a shot.
- Thuja homeopathic antidotes or similar product. Check your nearest compounding pharmacy.
- Elderberry Syrup daily, increasing to 3-4 times per day in the period around your appointment and any time you feel under the weather.
ADD TO YOUR DIET
- More water! Hydration is key.
- A daily Super Greens shake
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and Brussels sprouts
Each day for the week following your shot, take a soak in hot water with added Epsom salts, bentonite clay, and apple cider vinegar. You might also consider a visit to a sauna. Learn more about the benefits of hot/cold therapy here.
A supportive IV infusion with glutathione and Vitamin C on the day of and the day after your shot may be helpful to you as well.Be well, Sweet friends.